Sunday, May 20, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I've been busy churning out things for my granddaughter's fourth birthday which is today. First, a pair of "Hello Kitty" boxers, made on my newly tuned-up sewing machine:









Then a set of summer whites dyed via procion dyes to "orchid":








For the grandson, I iron-transferred childart from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival:

I babysat yesterday, finding that the Princess had drawn purple eyebrows on the cat and the Prince had a baby tattoo on one arm.
We had fun with only one half-meltdown.
As soon as I sat down with the baby on my lap, he went to sleep. I remember when my granddaughter at that age would run up to me on my arrival, cuddle into my shoulder and instantly fall asleep. What's not to love about being a grandmother?
For me: I'm taking a week off for a major, major project. I had five weeks of vacation saved up and decided I need to accomplish something NOW. I know what it is and I know how to do it. It is the doing that is the foil. It is the doing for ME, and not for my kid or grandkids. I've assembled all my materials and will begin work very soon.
Also this afternoon, I have to go check out the new site of East Bay Depot on Telegraph and maybe take some photos, write up an article. I drove by yesterday and there were picketers out in front. I hate crossing a picket line so will talk to them before going in.

Another beautiful sunny day outside. I'll also shop for wrapping paper and a birthday cake.

2 comments:

JaneUnder said...

Hi Sue,

I just posted a long comment and then lost it when I couldn't remember how to sign in via Google. No time right now to redo it, so let me just say hi, and I'll come back when I'm not so rushed. Oh, and your "babies" are adorable, as are the boxer shorts.

JaneUnder said...

P.S. That last message from Round Robin was from me, Jane U. I think I created that Google account name when I created a blog for a class I teach sometimes....