Tuesday, July 22, 2008

LOVE AMERICA; LOATHE BUSH



The original of this poster used the "F" word, so I substituted the "L" word instead. I posted it on my high school website as a bit of fun, but one ex-classmate complained, so I decided to move it to a more personal space.

I guess the New Yorker Obama cover cartoon spurred me on to post it originally--what a bad choice by the New Yorker editor. It will probably backfire on the conservatives.

Went to see "The Dark Knight" and had to wait in line, even with tickets. It was good, Heath Ledger was amazing, but the writing, especially at the end, was a bit confusing. Later rented "In Bruges" what was much more substantial and moving. Three great actors with a terrific script and lots of moral questions against a backdrop of centuries. Really an amazing film if you don't mind the British and Irish propensity to use the "F" word in between every other word. Ralph Fiennes just gets better and better.

2 comments:

Hugh Jorgen said...

It never ceases to amaze me how just one person can cause everyone to bow to thier wims..at least in this day and age or should i say with the amount of population spread out the way it is maybe we have a chance to live without being sacraficed to some God for our views...

Sheople..lol

Suzanne said...

Hi Sue,
I removed my comments from the school site because I realized that this is one area that people just aren't going to quit and even though some are quite eloquently said, the responses are shaming and reflect superiority of values and taking sides, so mine are gone for those reasons.

I don't know why I was so surprised at the reactions and had to look at the poster again to be sure it didn't say anything about Iraq - which of course it doesn't, and how people just interepret with whatever is in the forefront -- me too, I guess. How would anyone think that opposition to Bush is only about Iraq - that's just hiding all the other awful things that have been done in the name of... what? democracy - good will - oil? money? Power? at the expense of our young men, sons and relatives, and friends of mine as well whom have lost sons.

At any rate, brave of you to post it and keep up with it all. I tried to send an email through the site but you haven't accepted me as a friend so I wasn't able to yet, thus the post here.

Which brings me to another topic - I have been reading your blog as well. I totally relate to your eating/weight post -- and am enjoying that people like you are sharing your lives. Thanks for being yourself.

In looking at your senior picture an innocent young pert secretary behind a desk, I would have never guessed that young girl would be the thinking, concerned person you turned out to be.

Suzanne Babkirk - da Rosa