Saturday, March 18, 2006

3 WEEK HIATUS

My three weeks of Family Medical Leave is nearly over.

I had so many plans for this time. But it was taken up with the necessities of each day--errands, helping the post-op DDIL (dear daughter-in-law) and helping my granddaughter adjust to no longer living as the princess of the castle. She must now share with her baby brother, whom she adores. There are lots of emotions to sort out (for everyone) and lots of new work to be done. I recently heard the expression, "Twice the kids, triple the work."

As for knitting, I've made several tiny hats (K2,P2 beanies) for the newborn because it is still so damned cold. And I have wished I had more woolen socks. Nylon just doesn't keep your feet warm in the cold. So I guess it's time to get down to sock knitting for this Spring and next winter.

At least I've had a taste of what retirement will be like. If retirement ever really comes.

The best part about the last three weeks has been having a clear mind, not a mind crowded up with work tasks, schedules, voices, and that most time-consuming of all, office politics. What a waste of energy and time.

No comments: